Sunday, July 7, 2013

30 Before 30: Buy a Mini Cooper


The other day, I fulfilled a huge goal in my life thus far, and bought a car.  And not just any car - my dream car, a Mini Cooper hardtop.

I have been lusting after Minis for years.  Every time I saw one on the street, my inner voice would squeal "miniiiiii!!!" and I even test drove them several times over the years.  I was smitten.  As every male close to me in life kept reminding me, it certainly would have been more "practical" to get an economy car like a Honda or a Toyota, or really any Japanese car with 4 doors and a large trunk, etc.  

But whatever.  I'm not going to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a car that someone else wants me to buy.  I know that in just a few short years I will have to buy that practical car (especially if the twin prediction comes true) and I didn't want to spend the rest of my life regretting the fact that I didn't take advantage of the one time I could buy what I really wanted.

So I saved for three years, I worked really hard to get my credit score up, and I wrote the biggest check of my life.  And boooyyyy does it feel good to have bought myself exactly what I have wanted for years!  :)




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Susan! You finally own your dream car! I know, you’re very happy with this huge achievement in your life. Isn’t it great to fulfill one of your greatest dreams? Anyway, you better take care of that car. Have it tuned up at least once a year to lengthen its lifespan. :) Many more years to come for you and your Mini Cooper! Arlyne Nelms @ Spartan Toyota

    ReplyDelete